The best Christmas story ever

Folks, I have an early Christmas present for all of ya. I know we're all plenty busy getting ready for the holidays, but I'm gonna ask you to take about 18 minutes out of your day to watch a little something, and if you do, I know you'll be glad you did.

I don't think I've ever seen a Christmas story that I love as much as this one. It's a clip from the end of the film Smoke. Now, if you've never seen that flick, it is one you should check out ASAP, because it's fantastic all the way through. But the ending, in particular, is one of the best things I've ever seen in my life. It's not Frosty the Snowman or It's a Wonderful Life. It is, however, the most real and human and beautiful piece of film I've ever seen on the subject of Christmas.

The skills of actors Harvey Keitel and William Hurt, the direction of Wayne Wang, and the cinematography of Adam Holender are all extraordinary during this clip. See for yourself, and make sure you watch it all the way through, because when it changes from color to black and white, it gets REALLY good. Enjoy, and happy holidays, folks.



Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment