Music that doesn't suck (Part 1)

Alrighty, I have been in the house all day, doing fun stuff like balancing my checkbook and paying bills and whatnot. the only reason I haven't stabbed myself in the eye with a fork is because I had some good songs coming up on my mp3 shuffle. I decided to take a break and share some of the musical goodness with ya. I kinda listen to a bunch of different stuff, so pardon the bizarro nature of the following stuff. It doesn't all go together, but it works somehow. Kinda like chocolate-covered pretzels.

Daft Punk - Derezzed
One of the new songs from the upcoming soundtrack to Tron:Legacy. Which I do not care about AT ALL, except for the fact that there is new Daft Punk music in it. This is not the song as it appears on the OST, it's a remix, because Disney's cracking down on anyone who posts material from the soundtrack. But you get the idea; this is gonna sound frawesome (that's freakin' awesome, in case you didn't know).


Bjork - Who Is It
Speaking of frawesome...a human beatbox, handbells, and Bjork. Brilliant.


Elbow - Great Expectations
You will never hear a more gorgeously done song. Never.


Rufus Wainwright - Oh What a World
One of my two favorite Rufuses.


Rufus and Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good
And here's my other favorite Rufus. Check out Chaka's gold glitter disco top and the bell bottoms! Day-ummm!


Eels - Last Stop:This Town
Mark Oliver Everett is one of my favorite songwriters ever. this video is pretty wackadoo, but the song is ace.


Hanson - Thinking 'Bout Something
I know it's not cool to like Hanson. But guess what? I don't give a flying motherfucking fuck. And this video's got Weird Al, so it's automatically cool. Don't like it? Bite me. Twice.


Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
One of the most incredible songs ever written, sung with one of the all time great harmonies in recorded music.


Lyle Lovett - Bears
I freakin' love Lyle Lovett. And this is one of my favorite of his songs.


Tom Waits - In the Neighborhood
It doesn't get any better than this. Except for all the other songs Tom Waits has done, that is.
They're all amazing on an interplanetary scale.


Bettye LaVette - Love Reign O'er Me
I love watching this. It's fun to see the looks on the faces of Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey as Bettye LaVette kicks their song square in the ass. Epic pwnage.


Flaming Lips - Fight Test
Wayne. WAYNE. WAAAAAAYNE!!!!!!!


Loretta Lynn w/Jack White - I Miss Being Mrs. Tonight
I really like this one a lot, despite the fact that Jack White is one freaky lookin' dude.


Beastie Boys - So What'cha Want
What's cooler than this song? Not a goddamn thing.


Kanye West - Robocop
Kanye West: unparallelled bag of douche, but Lord help me, I like his music. What're ya gonna do? *shrug*


REM - Nightswimming
Something beautiful to round out the set. Sort of like a dollop of post-Kanye sorbet.


And there you have it, the music that got me through the day. Now I gotta go pick the kid up from school and listen to her Radio Disney crap all the way home...*shudder*

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment